Tuesday 7 May 2019

Stories of Kalingalinga - Yande Yombwe






I took pictures of the various texts which include names of shops or rather businesses, random wall writings and print outs of services being offered in Kalingalinga. The texts represent the advertisers personalities, hopes of what they wish to achieve and also how creative they can be.
Through my interaction in Kalingalinga, I have learnt that there is always more than what meets the eye anywhere you go. We can learn a lot through interaction as we people have different needs, lifestyles & experiences. There are so many untold stories and photography is one way I can share them.
My name is Yande Yombwe. An early career visual mixed media artist born in Lusaka, Zambia. My studio space is at Wayiwayi Art studio & gallery which is in Livingstone (southern part of Zambia) , where I live. I mostly paint, but I'm also crafty & can make jewellery. I love experimentation and try to infuse recycling in a lot of the things I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment