Saturday 4 May 2019

Stories of Kalingalinga - Dennis Mubanga






The Entrepreneurs

The Kalingalinga stories project was a great way and time of introspection for me in that it made me think and be able to add my creativity and emotion in the work. My project was inspired by people who 'hustle' to make their lives better despite being at a disadvantage in society, where the cost of living and doing business is high. However, still being able to manage and survive amidst the many hardships the community is facing. My main reason of doing this project was for me to showcase power, the power within the people to overcome and endure the hardships and still be able to pull up a genuine smile and still have hope for a brighter future.

This project has taught me that there's still hope for humanity in general. That it takes one person to bring change in an environment and that person can be me. What I choose to do with my gifting impacts the whole community and Nation at large.

I am a Zambian born photographer based in Lusaka. I pride myself to be a photographer who aims to portray people in their environment especially the rich and famous. I am a passionate photographer and I run a photography and video company called UMUBANGA Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment