Saturday 4 May 2019

Stories of Kalingalinga - Muchemwa Sichone

Project 1:








Project 2:






In this project, I am attempting to tell a story about the people of Kalingalinga and their lifestyle. I have encountered locals in the compound who shared their sensitive and touching stories with me. The Stories of Kalingalinga Workshop has taught me how photography can create a visual story about a certain type of life and what it can do to society in small and large scales.

At first I had different reasons for wanting to be part of this project but days after attending the workshop and being in the meetings and conversations, I realised my reasons for wanting to be a part of it had changed, I then wanted to learn, to help and to gather detailed information and history about Kalingalinga to create my project. Throughout the workshop, my perspectives on how I look at photography changed. But more importantly, I learnt the way photography is not only about great images, but rather the way it influences the way people look at the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment