Monday 29 April 2019

Work in Progress - Part 2

 Work in Progress by Edith Chiliboy:





The workshop has opened my eyes to the possibilities of what photography can bring to one's eye. I passed through Kalingalinga many times before but I have never looked at it as I am looking at it now; the tiny details that seem normal to me are now being the most intriguing objects for my photography. My work in Progress is representing puzzle pieces of what I am trying to create. They form a story of what I see and what I would want the world to see Kalingalinga as.


Work in Progress by Danny Chisu:




So far so good. Have had time to survey Kalingalinga. So excited about life in the community despite the poor background and its history as an illegal settlement. Kalingalinga is under threat because of the latest construction and expansion of Lusaka. The poor compound is being squeezed on all fronts.



Work in Progress by Muchemwa Sichone:




So on Sunday, I did another shoot for the Stories of Kalingalinga Photography workshop. People of Kalingalinga have a lot to tell, I was interested in getting the story of Kalingalinga from years back, and well it’s quite a story that many would want to sit and listen to. I think I love Kalingalinga because it’s a home-related compound and its tears I feel too, it’s pain I feel too and finally, it’s a journey I experienced too.




No comments:

Post a Comment