Thursday 25 April 2019

Stories of Kalingalinga - First Impressions

So many impressions along Alick Nkata Road. It took me about an hour walking from Friday's Corner to Longacres. This will be an exciting workshop, I like the fact that people were really freely talking in the workshop in the morning. I am really looking forward to the discussion...
Daut Makala

The Stories of Kalingalinga photography workshop for professional Zambian photographers has created some very interesting discussions already on the importance of challenging your practice and embracing new experiences and developing your own terms of references and practices. We explored post post-coloniality and how a new generation of photographers and artist can contribute to defining the Zeitgeist.















I am taking part in the Stories of Kalingalinga photography workshop and it’s quite an experience that I want to be part of. I’ve been a photographer for 3 years and I haven’t seemed to pay much attention to detail but this workshop is igniting my skills to tell so many stories through photography. It’s giving me more knowledge about how certain areas can be given more capacity through my power and photography skill. That having been said, thank you so much VAC for giving me this chance to be part of this.

Muchemwa Sichone

Yofu Gallery 


All images by Natalia González Acosta

No comments:

Post a Comment